Frequently Asked Questions
As we are an exclusive boutique we work strictly on booked appointments as to ensure you get the best service possible, we do request that you make an appointment.
We only see one bride at a time as to ensure all our attention is dedicated to the bride and her bridal party.
Yes, there is a cost attached to wedding dress and bridesmaid consultations.
A consultation is VERY important to provide you with the correct guidance as you do not do wedding dress shopping everyday and dress fitting at your consultation will help you understand which dress style suits your body and ideas of the perfect dress best.
Consultations answers all those un-answered wedding dress questions and give clarity and peace of mind
Bridal Wedding dress consultations and fittings:
- White Gold @ R280, includes 60min consultation - fitting of 6 dresses and refreshments
- Rose Gold @ R380, includes 90 min consultation - fitting of 9 dresses and refreshments
- Strawberry Gold @ R500- 120 minute consultation- fitting 12 dresses .
Includes nibbles, refreshments and glass of alcoholic /non-alcoholic sparkling wine for bride and her guests . This consultation provides the opportunity for the bride to enjoy and linger with her family and bridal party while fitting our beautiful dresses
- Yellow Gold @ R200, includes only consultation to discuss custom made:wedding dress or bridal party garments ( Mother of the bride, Mother of the groom, bridesmaid, flowergirl)
Bridesmaid Consultation and fittings:
- Gold @ R320 Standard Bridesmaid dress collection: Bridesmaid fitting- accomodates 4 to 5 bridesmaids - measurments to be taken even more importantly the cost of keeping the dresses neat and tidy at all times.
The above consultation fees cover: our staff time , the costs to having the boutique clean and ready for your fittings and
Included in the price of your dress fitting consultations you receive a second and free consultation to fit the dresses we quote on again to make sure that you have chosen the right dress.
Our consultation fee is payable via eft in advance to secure your consultation date/time.
Your consultation can only be confirmed if your fee is paid in advance.
The account name : Belle Donne Bridal
Account number: 10179524990
Branch: Cape Gate Branch
Reference = Brides name & fitting date = eg lisa24/6
Inspiration dress photographs are welcomed and anything else that you want to incorporate into your look.
We ask that all brides come prepared wearing comfortable cotton under garments (strapless bra, spanx, etc.)
No shoes as they do tend to damage the hems of dresses, however you can bring comfortable socks if your feet tend to get cold.
Your consultant will be helping you into each gown, so wear something you are comfortable in.
Avoid make-up, roll-on and spray tans before an appointment to help keep our gowns clean!
We sell the following brands, as well as our
- Bespoke Belle Donne Bridal In-House range
- Le Papillon by Modeca
- Modeca Curves
- Randy Fenoli
- Kaya Nova
Since your wedding dress will be made on order, our normal order lead times are 18- 20 weeks. We also require an additional 6 – 8 weeks for alterations.
We therefor highly recommend that you order your dress 6 to 8 months ahead of your wedding day, in order to avoid any unnecessary pressure. Should the time be limited we will discuss selling the sample in the boutique to you.
Once your order has been placed with us, we will confirm the arrival date and or delivery date of your dress. From here, you can relax and enjoy the rest of your wedding planning journey while your wedding dress is in good hands!
If you’re pinching the pennies and your budget won’t stretch to your dream dress, it’s perfectly acceptable to ask about sample, ex-display and last-season dresses. Just remember, it may need altering and professional cleaning, so factor this in from the start.
At Belle Donne Bridal, we understand the journey you are about to embark on and that there are isolated cases where planning months ahead of the wedding might not be possible. To assist you in finding your perfect dress on time, we offer rush and super rush options at an additional cost and subject to confirmation from our suppliers.
With custom made dresses we recommend that you start earlier rather than later. We do offer a rush service at an additional cost of 30% the dress cutom design value as we do need to apply more resources to complete a dress on short notice.
We encourage you to kindly make contact with us if you find yourself in a situation where you do not have 6 – 8 months to order your wedding dress. We will go the extra mile to accommodate you in any possible way to make sure that your wedding day remains an unforgettable experience in your perfect wedding dress.
This is a VERY important part of the process to get the fit of your wedding dress 100% for your body type.
We have highly skilled wedding dress seamstresses' onsite, who are on standby to make the necessary alterations to your wedding dress. This way we can be certain that you are utterly happy with the way your dress fits before your wedding day.
Once your dress arrives at our studio, we will contact you to arrange your first wedding dress fitting. Your first fitting will ideally be 6 – 8 weeks before the wedding for an ordered dress- purchase price paid up in full.
Depending on the extent of alterations that need to be done, we will confirm the number of fittings after the first one at our studio. Your final fitting will be 1 – 2 weeks before your wedding day to ensure the perfect fit of your wedding dress.
We offer three , 40 minute fittings included in the dress purchase price, thereafter fittings are charged at R350 per 40 minutes on purchased dresses and hired dresses.
Please remember that we work an numerous wedding dresses at one particular time and hence we work on 2 week cycles between fittings as this presents enough time to do our work. Please start early
Keep your lingerie simple. Wear white or nude pieces. A seamless high-cut bikini or hipster and a strapless bra. You can also bring your body shaper along should you wish.
We offer the customization of wedding dresses and garments for the following bridal party members:
- Mother of the bride and Mother of the groom
- Bridesmaids and flowergirls
- Groom and Groomsman: Ties, waistcoats and suits ( please remember to start long in advance with these items)
- We can also design, tailor and custom make a wedding dress for you to your specifications and budget. We do however not copy dresses but we will use a combination of your ideas and specifications you might have in mind to create the dress of your dreams. We will give a detailed quote after a bespoke wedding dress consultation offered under consultations .
Please refrain from wearing makeup at any fitting, being it a fitting consultation to find your dress or the fitting we offer while altering or fitting your purchased or hired dress.
A simple brush of the cheek, brush of the lips or touch of a finger leave a makeup stain on the dresses that at times can be hard to remove and come at a dry cleaning cost.
We have facilities for you to apply your makeup after any fitting .
- Please wear and bring the appropriate underwear
- Please be on time , not late or early as we have appointments organised back to back. In summer it a very hot in a car and we do not wish for you to wait in a hot vehicle untill your appointment time finally starts. Please stick to the allocated time given.
- Please park either in front of the second gate on the brick paving or in front of our premises on the right side of the road- take care not to park against the flow of the traffic
- Please pay your consultation fee before your consultation date to secure your booking we only work on bookings
- Please do not wear makeup, heavy perfumes, body lotions, roll on
- Please do not touch the dresses without assistance
- Please all guests to stay seated during fitting as the space around the stage is limited
- Please all guests and bride to wear a mask and sanitise
- No alcohol allowed from ouside into the boutique
- No smoking around the boutique